Thursday, August 6, 2009

Are we helping?

Are the blogs here or at www.elijahslegacy.ning.com helpful?
I've been so depressed lately. I miss him so much and this is the only thing I can do to keep from having a nervous breakdown. I spend so many hours searching for more information. Every day, feeling my daughter's loss, drives me more to find and share all the possible answers.
It's so scary thinking about anyone else ever having to go through this and not having the right information.
Knowledge is key.
If we can just arm one family with the proper knowledge maybe, it would feel better.
I know he was not sent and taken for no reason.
Just can't wrap my mind around all of it right now. I dream of him and see him as he should be- but also the nightmares of what was.
QUESTION-If they can engineer a "designer baby" in a petrie dish, why can't they add a chromosome to a living child?

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for the note! I'm currently at work on a break. I'm still congested pretty badly, needing to get into the doc but I have no insurance, so it's hard. I'm so happy to hear about the adoption process starting for your daughter! As I mentioned before I'd like to do both... I hope you're doing better healthwise and that everything is going a bit better. A day at a time, as they say... that helps me out. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm sad that you're sad and my heart goes out to you. What can I do to help? I know some wonderful doctors and a great immunologist that has proven her expertise with DiGeorge Syndrome, but they are in California. Would it help you if I gave you their names and hospital affiliation?

    Thank you for your beautiful comment on my blog. It means so much to me. You have given me strength, too, and showed me how to be brave the days when I fear tomorrow and remember too well the nightmares of yesterday. Hang in there! (I know-- you have no choice.)

    What is this about your daughter starting adoption procedures? That is great news. Please keep me posted.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete